Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rex’s February 2012 Blog

I love February. I love how it’s spelled: Feb-ru-ar-y. I love that there’s a “Leap Year” attached to it every four years including 2012. No other month has that and everyone knows at least one person born on February 29th. How lucky they are!

February was my favorite school month as a kid not only because of Valentine’s Day, but because it only has 28 days in the ‘common years’ which meant two or three less days of school than the normal months. It was also our annual winter vacation month which meant at least one whole week off from school, plus, two other days off for President Lincoln’s and Washington’s birthdays, not like today where they’re combined into just one lousy ‘President’s’ vacation day. That’s just not right, sorry!

This year I especially love February because I’m driving down to Florida with my son Rufus for our first golf vacation together, sandwiched between two weekends of spectacular concerts with The Nutopians, my 8-piece John Lennon tribute band (Feb 24-26), and of course dear old Aztec Two-Step (March 9-11). This, my friends, is what is known as the best of both worlds!

Cause & Effect is already getting lots of local and national airplay and our C&E CD shows have been selling out with amazing enthusiastic audience responses to the new versions of our “give a damn” songs; plus the four new “topical” songs on the album. Mike Kornfeld of AcousticMusicScene.com is doing a terrific job promoting it. Any and all media outlets or progressive FM radio leads are very much welcomed.

1 comment:

That's just me said...

Gonna see you guys tonight at OLS - can't wait!!